Cookbook for the Cause Volume #2
TLC’s stars share favorite recipes to benefit FEEDING AMERICA®
What you will need
3 large chicken breasts
1 can cream of celery soup
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup buttermilk butter
1. Boil chicken in water until fork tender — this usually takes about 1 hour.
2. Save the broth from boiling the chicken — you will need it later.
3. Spray an 7 x 11 casserole dish with cooking spray
4. Cut the chicken into tiny pieces and place in bottom of pan.
5. On stove combine 1 can cream of celery soup and 1½ cups of chicken broth. Heat until boiling, stirring constantly
6. Pour this mixture over the chicken — let this cool completely — very important.
7. Mix self rising flour and buttermilk.
8. Spoon this on top of chicken and soup combination.
9. Add a dab of butter to the top of the buttermilk/flour spread.
10. Bake at 400°F for about 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
To view the entire cookbook: