The holidays are just around the corner, which means entertaining is not far away. In fact, you may already be involved in a number of events, such as Halloween parties, school bake sales and church functions. And it’s not uncommon for you to be called upon to provide something scrumptious to eat at each event. But that doesn’t mean you have to settle for standbys like cupcakes, cookies or brownies. Instead, why don’t you “wow” everyone with something different?
Plus, they taste so good, everyone will think you spent hours in the kitchen. What they won’t know is how quick and easy this recipe really is!
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 box chocolate chip Teddy Graham cookies, finely crushed
- 1 bag English Toffee bits
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or shredded coconut
- 1 can (14-oz) sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 13” x 9” pan with nonstick foil, allowing it to extend over the ends of the pan. Pour the melted butter into the pan. Sprinkle the cookie crumbs in the bottom of the pan; press firmly and bake for 5 minutes.
2. Layer the toffee bits, chocolate and pecans over the crust in the pan, pressing each layer down firmly. Pour the condensed milk over top. Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on countertop, and then put the pan in the refrigerator for a couple of hours BEFORE trying to remove them.
3. Lift the foil out of the pan, turn the bars over and use a serrated knife to cut them into squares.